- Why is the Ever service being shut down?
The Ever service has been around for over seven years, but with increasing competition over the last several years from Apple and Google’s own photo storage products (excellent products in their own right, and worth checking out as an alternative), the Ever service is no longer sustainable on a stand-alone basis.
- When will the Ever service be shut down?
Our plan is to shut down the Ever service at 11:59pm PDT on August 31, 2020. However, as a courtesy, we are extending the deadline for you to download your photos and videos by using the export function on our mobile and desktop websites to September 30, 2020. All customer photos and videos are scheduled to be deleted from Ever servers at 11:59p PDT on September 30, 2020. Please act now to make sure that your photos and videos are saved.
- Can I delete my Ever account?
Yes, open a browser on your mobile device or computer and go to: https://app.everalbum.com then sign in and scroll down to Delete my account.
- How do I retrieve my photos and videos?
Open a browser on your mobile device or computer and go to: https://app.everalbum.com then sign in and scroll down to Export.
- What if I no longer have the email address I used to sign up and so cannot receive an email with my downloads?
Open a browser on your mobile device or computer and go to: https://app.everalbum.com then sign in and scroll down to Change Email. Please contact customer service at email@example.com if you need additional assistance.
- How long will downloading my photos and videos take?
We cannot say for certain as there are many variables (network speed, size of your library, number of your videos, etc.). We strongly recommend that you start your downloads as early as possible. Do not wait until the last minute.
- How will my photos and videos be organized when they are downloaded?
For export requests made via the mobile app, your photos and videos will not download by album. Export requests made via the website, offer the option of downloading your photos and videos into folders organized by the year they were created. Each year will have a separate folder. Via the website, you are also given an option to choose from various size zip files in which you would like to receive your archives.
- I don’t have enough space on my device to download the photos and videos I stored on Ever, what do I do?
Folders can be downloaded and re-uploaded to a new service like Apple Photos or Google Photos, one by one, erasing them to make space along the way. Zip files can also be uploaded to a storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Amazon S3. A high-capacity hard drive is another option. If you utilize this option, we recommend doing so immediately so your new hard drive arrives in time for you to process your download.
- What will happen if I don’t download my photos and videos within the allotted time?
Everalbum plans to delete all of your photos and videos from our servers as the Ever service is shut down.
- Is there an easy way to transfer my photos and videos to another service like Google Photos or Apple Photos?
The best way to transfer is to download from the Ever service and re-upload to a new service. We do not have a mechanism to directly transfer the files to services like that.
- I am a paying customer. Can I get a refund for my subscription?
If you are an annual subscriber, you may be eligible for a prorated refund for the remainder of your subscription period subject to the terms and conditions of your payment processor (Apple, Google, Stripe). We highly recommend that you cancel your subscription once you no longer need your paid account. We are not offering refunds for monthly subscribers. Please contact your payment processor for any issues related to billing.
- Has Ever sold my photos to a third party at any time?
No. At no point in the company’s history have any user photos or videos been sold to a third party.
- Will Ever be keeping copies of my photos or videos for any purpose?
No. When Everalbum shuts down the Ever service, it will delete your photos and videos from our systems to the extent feasible. Once Everalbum shuts down the Ever service, your photos and videos will never be used for any purpose, including improving computer vision capabilities such as face recognition.
- Besides my photos and videos, will Ever delete my account and any personal data associated with it?
Yes, to the extent feasible, however, certain data may not be deleted if needed to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, legal obligation (including legal preservation obligations), or governmental request or auditing requirements. In some cases, the deletion of certain personal data found in log files, automatically generated caches or backups may not be immediate, due to technical limitations.
- My questions were not answered by these FAQs. Who can I contact with my questions?
Please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to check your spam/junk mailbox for responses as sometimes they are filtered there.